Marriott

www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Awful low pay and has a pretend union

Current Employee - Bistro Server in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Bistro Server in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Marriott (less than an year)

Pros

The health insurance is good if they ever give you full time. They also have a lot of free food and employee appreocation days with a variety of food.

Cons

Very low pay started at eight dollars and to pay high union dues. I worked at the starbucks stand and it was like working at a snooty mcdonalds

Pay attension do not just stand in front of the tv and clean so mold does not grow in food production areas. If you are going to have a union provide us with representation please!

1508 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Windows System Administrator

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, friendly working conditions and culture

Cons

Company is leaning towards outsoucing of IT

Frustrating place to work

Former Employee - Chief Engineer
    Former Employee - Chief Engineer

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Marriott owned or managed properties are typically of higher quality than some of the other hotel brands. They have good medical benefits.

Cons

They promise many things during interviews that never come to fruition after employment. Just to mention a few: career advancement - after working below my skill set for over a year, I was not allowed to move to the day shift and position I was promised. I was talso old there was a myriad of management training resources available, but my supervisors could never get around to getting me set up in the system to take advantage of them. I was also told during interviews there is a bonus program, but when the details were made clear upon my insistence (after I took the job) my manager had to admit the the metrics to qualify for bonus were next to impossible to meet.

Be more transparent and honest in representing the Marriott brand. I once asked my Director of Engineering if he would act the same way in front of Mr. Marriott as he does with us, and he would not answer me. This is not being a good steward of what could/should be a great company.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott