There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Drama

Former Employee - Housekeeper  in  Burnsville, MN
Former Employee - Housekeeper in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can take a lot of breaks as a housekeeper, and are pretty much left to your own devices

Cons

Always start at 9am, work until all rooms on your board are clean (12 or so) half hour maximum per room. Rooms are filthy and you clean a lot of nasty stuff. Tips a sparse, and at the place I worked, there was an absurd amount of drama. If you are sick you must call 4 hours before your scheduled shift and find your own replacement. (no one wakes up at 5am to see if they are sick! and no one will come in for housekeeping on their day off)

hire more housekeepers so that the amount of rooms cleaned per day is manageable, and have a better system for calling in sick.

1295 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Proud to work for Marriott

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I Loved working for this company. I was sad to see my position eliminated due to corporate reorganization in June of 2011.

Cons

Corporate restructuring led me to lose my position after 15 years with the company. It was sad and unfortunate to have to start over elsewhere after 15 years.

Great Company, strong leadership, leader in hospitality industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Marriot is an excellant company to work that really embraces two mantras: "Success is never final," and "If you take care of your employees, then they'll take care of the guests'.

Cons

Marriott is a hotel management company and has to compete to win management contracts of various ownership groups. The benefits package offered to Marriott employees has been scaled back to be more competitive attracting hotel contracts.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!