Marriott

www.marriott.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Good for people who like long hours

I worked at Marriott

Pros

career advancement opportunities if you stay there long enough. Management is willing to listen to you and your ideas. Management makes it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

You have to work when no one else is working

1583 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

It's not Mr Marriott's Marriott anymore

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It WAS a great company to work for. We all gladly worked ourselves to death for the company that held it's employees on a pedestal. They wanted to do things right and that is what we did. Past tense.

Cons

Now that Mr Marriott is no longer at the helm that is all gone. The current management is risking driving the company into the ground, everything is being outsourced. I know this sound like a disgruntled employee rambling but it not just that (I am still an employee). We worked hard for this company and took great pride in it and now that is being just thrown away. The current direction puts the company at great risk as they will be just another hotel mgmt company except a lot more expensive. In the current era of "Insourcing" and after countless failed outsourcing attempts by other companies the current mgmt thinks they can do it better. I hope I'm wrong as I've put my heart and soul into this company but I have to say I'm concerned over Marriott's future.

None. They are too far committed to turn back now. All we can hope for is the customers getting used to a lower level of service before they start jumping to other brands.

Great Company with great values

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at Marriott full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement and good programs are in place, especially for hotel and restaurant management majors. Management seems to really care about their employees goals.

Cons

At my particular property, the management can be too easy going on poor preforming employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott