Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,169 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Love this company, great culture

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCulture, comparable/competitive pay in the market, overall compensation (including bonuses, discounts, benefits, etc). If you're willing to move, you have a wealth of opportunities to learn new things. Job security in the global market.

ConsIn order to advance professionally, you have to be willing to move around. The shift work can be daunting (it is a 24x7 operation, afterall). HR issues aren't always handled quickly. Lots of franchise (non-Marriott) companies that manage the hotels aren't always up to par.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore timely communication.
More transparency.

Line Cook

Line Cook (Current Employee)
    Albany, NY

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits and quality of life hours Cons: Wage could be higher for hourly workers Advice to Senior Management: Better communication and better follow up to employee issues Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There can be opportunities to advance and switch to different… Cons: Too many layers at corporate level. The efficiency wheel turns slowly. Low turnover, probably too low as people can get… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to streamline corporate office. Change is good! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.