There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Love this company, great culture

Current Employee - Business Analyst
Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture, comparable/competitive pay in the market, overall compensation (including bonuses, discounts, benefits, etc). If you're willing to move, you have a wealth of opportunities to learn new things. Job security in the global market.

Cons

In order to advance professionally, you have to be willing to move around. The shift work can be daunting (it is a 24x7 operation, afterall). HR issues aren't always handled quickly. Lots of franchise (non-Marriott) companies that manage the hotels aren't always up to par.

Advice to Management

More timely communication.
More transparency.

reviews filtered by
  1. Line Cook

Current Employee - Line Cook in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Albany, NY

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and quality of life hours

Cons

Wage could be higher for hourly workers

Advice to Management

Better communication and better follow up to employee issues

It's not Mr Marriott's Marriott anymore

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It WAS a great company to work for. We all gladly worked ourselves to death for the company that held it's employees on a pedestal. They wanted to do things right and that is what we did. Past tense.

Cons

Now that Mr Marriott is no longer at the helm that is all gone. The current management is risking driving the company into the ground, everything is being outsourced. I know this sound like a disgruntled employee rambling but it not just that (I am still an employee). We worked hard for this company and took great pride in it and now that is being just thrown away. The current direction puts the company at great risk as they will be just another hotel mgmt company except a lot more expensive. In the current era of "Insourcing" and after countless failed outsourcing attempts by other companies the current mgmt thinks they can do it better. I hope I'm wrong as I've put my heart and soul into this company but I have to say I'm concerned over Marriott's future.

Advice to Management

None. They are too far committed to turn back now. All we can hope for is the customers getting used to a lower level of service before they start jumping to other brands.