There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Opportunities

Former Employee - Rooms Manager
Former Employee - Rooms Manager

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They truly take care of their employees if you work hard. Lots of opportunities for upward movement and easy to transfer to other properties. Hotel room discount was awesome too.

Cons

I loved my work experience. There are not any cons that I can think of.

reviews filtered by

It's not Mr Marriott's Marriott anymore

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It WAS a great company to work for. We all gladly worked ourselves to death for the company that held it's employees on a pedestal. They wanted to do things right and that is what we did. Past tense.

Cons

Now that Mr Marriott is no longer at the helm that is all gone. The current management is risking driving the company into the ground, everything is being outsourced. I know this sound like a disgruntled employee rambling but it not just that (I am still an employee). We worked hard for this company and took great pride in it and now that is being just thrown away. The current direction puts the company at great risk as they will be just another hotel mgmt company except a lot more expensive. In the current era of "Insourcing" and after countless failed outsourcing attempts by other companies the current mgmt thinks they can do it better. I hope I'm wrong as I've put my heart and soul into this company but I have to say I'm concerned over Marriott's future.

None. They are too far committed to turn back now. All we can hope for is the customers getting used to a lower level of service before they start jumping to other brands.

2. Marriott is Eh

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I now know how to score free nights at Marriott Properties

Cons

TownePlace as a brand is not well know. Marriott is more concerned about making new and other brands so it can make more money. It doesn't put the necessary support and resources in the current brands to make them more well known by the public.

Marriott offers very little to no corporate support to the franchise companies.

They place rules and regulations on certain travel programs, but don't back up properties when they try to enforce the rules. They are more concerned with the money to be made.

Show more support to the properties and show that you care.

You only have 1 week for employee appreciation and it's more for you to explain what you are doing to make yourselves more money. Woah! wait you actually give us a print out for our employees that says Employee Appreciation.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott