Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,170 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Marriott is Eh

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsI now know how to score free nights at Marriott Properties

ConsTownePlace as a brand is not well know. Marriott is more concerned about making new and other brands so it can make more money. It doesn't put the necessary support and resources in the current brands to make them more well known by the public.

Marriott offers very little to no corporate support to the franchise companies.

They place rules and regulations on certain travel programs, but don't back up properties when they try to enforce the rules. They are more concerned with the money to be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more support to the properties and show that you care.

You only have 1 week for employee appreciation and it's more for you to explain what you are doing to make yourselves more money. Woah! wait you actually give us a print out for our employees that says Employee Appreciation.

Great Company with great values

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great opportunity for advancement and good programs are in place, especially for hotel… Cons: At my particular property, the management can be too easy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not so good experience

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good vacation, usually 5 weeks now it is reduced to… Cons: Bad management, Upper level is mostly outdated people who have been in the company for 20-25 people. They don't have knowledge about project management or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.