Marriott is Eh

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Marriott full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I now know how to score free nights at Marriott Properties

Cons

TownePlace as a brand is not well know. Marriott is more concerned about making new and other brands so it can make more money. It doesn't put the necessary support and resources in the current brands to make them more well known by the public. Marriott offers very little to no corporate support to the franchise companies. They place rules and regulations on certain travel programs, but don't back up properties when they try to enforce the rules. They are more concerned with the money to be made.

Advice to Management

Show more support to the properties and show that you care. You only have 1 week for employee appreciation and it's more for you to explain what you are doing to make yourselves more money. Woah! wait you actually give us a print out for our employees that says Employee Appreciation.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott

1. Great Company with great values

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at Marriott full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement and good programs are in place, especially for hotel and restaurant management majors. Management seems to really care about their employees goals.

Cons

At my particular property, the management can be too easy going on poor preforming employees.

Not so good experience

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good vacation, usually 5 weeks now it is reduced to 3 weeks for new employees

Cons

Bad management, Upper level is mostly outdated people who have been in the company for 20-25 people. They don't have knowledge about project management or anything. Company says takecare as their slogan but it is opposite of that. Compensation wise they don't care about employees below senior systems analyst level thats why they don't have bonuses Bonuses only for upper management Very cunning incentives like 401K match is made only after september of next year for current year.