Marriott
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

I worked part time as a server for banquets and in the cafe.

Server (Former Employee)
Cromwell, CT

I worked at Marriott part-time for more than a year

ProsI had very nice people working with me. I worked by myself most days, so there was limited interaction with managers and other employees.

ConsLacks structure, in my department anyway. But from what I understand they got rid of the cafes in Courtyards (But kept the breakfast buffet). This was probally why there wasn't a lot of rules, because management new that the department would be closing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave mor rules (Food and Beverage) about tasks and side work.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marriott

Pros: Great employee discount at any Marriott brand hotel. I'd work… Cons: Not much room for creativity, terrible uniforms...it was an okay… More

Great place to learn and grow

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee)
Los Altos, CA

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Shifts are flexible -Great for students in college -Great place to learn… Cons: -Difficult for advancement (if franchised)/low employee turnover rate Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.