Marriott

www.marriott.com
  www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Always Room for Improvement.

Former Employee - Event Manager
Former Employee - Event Manager

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Marriott was my very first hotel, so It has a special place in my heart. I enjoyed the inter-departmental training, associates and prestige of the location.

Cons

Worked long hours with little vacation time. Also, constantly being passed over for promotions. Hourly associates valued more than managers.

Please consider a mentor program for new managers and institute the inter-departmental training to build relationships with associates. The mentor program is a great way for new managers not to feel "lost".

1418 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Take care of your employees, and they will take care of you.....

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Teamwork and great benefits. Good PTO package and great co-workers, make you fill as one big family....

Cons

Management is like us and them, micro manager's that are very lazy and not team players, sometimes very young....You can at times work very long hours with out even a break or lunch....Once you are with Marriott for years, you will max out in your hourly rate and not get an annual raise. Most annual raises are 30 cents, and you wont even get that, your wage is frozen at that rate until the market shows it has went up. All pay is market driven and averaged. Poor for your dedicated employees.

Be a team player and practice what you preach to your staff. Everything is number driven and management always looking to better their scores at any price.....At times they get away with rudeness...And do all the AOS surveys really matter, to much time spent there.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - General Accountant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - General Accountant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Great Benefits for every employee

Cons

Relo. is a must if you want to move ahead.

Listen to your GA's