Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,177 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Always Room for Improvement.

Event Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMarriott was my very first hotel, so It has a special place in my heart. I enjoyed the inter-departmental training, associates and prestige of the location.

ConsWorked long hours with little vacation time. Also, constantly being passed over for promotions. Hourly associates valued more than managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider a mentor program for new managers and institute the inter-departmental training to build relationships with associates. The mentor program is a great way for new managers not to feel "lost".

Great Company to work for

General Accountant (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

I have been working at Marriott

Pros: Great Benefits for every employee Cons: Relo. is a must if you want to move ahead. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your GA's Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Take care of your employees, and they will take care of you.....

Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Marriott

Pros: Teamwork and great benefits. Good PTO package and great co-workers,… Cons: Management is like us and them, micro manager's that are very lazy and not team players, sometimes very young....You can at times work very long… Advice to Senior Management: Be a team player and practice what you preach to your staff. Everything is number driven and management always looking to better… More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.