Treats people very well (contractors included)

Former Employee - Flash Developer  in  Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Flash Developer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Marriott as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Excellent environment, talented people, employees are friendly. The company takes very good care of its employees. I came to Marriott after a low point in my career and a brief period of unemployment, and was immediately shocked by how welcoming, friendly, and accommodating everybody was. Nice discounts on hotel stays. Varied projects.

Cons

I don't have many bad things to say. Large workload, competing direction from project managers and clients. Lots of complicated process. I worked for their Web marketing operation, and the process of getting information onto their website was incredibly complicated, which actually worked to the company's disadvantage. Process of being hired is very long and convoluted: most employees come in as contractors, then move on to "part time" status, and after a year or two become real full-fledged full-time employees. If you can deal with this, the payoff is great.

Pay a little more attention to the front lines.

Other Reviews for Marriott

Front desk

I have been working at Marriott part-time

Pros

work ethic, boss, peers, 24/7 operation

Cons

pay, hours, guest treat you bad, only got holiday pay if full time

I'll be moving on

Current Employee - Night Auditor  in  Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros

quiet during the night hours, not super busy,

Cons

Hours, no bonuses, alone, 3-11 usually leaves the hotel a mess for me to clean, yet they are never corrected for not doing what is on the checklist.

Stop trying to cut so many corners! It's very unsafe to have only one person working the desk at night, especially a female. I feel more like a houseman than a night auditor due to all of the cleaning that needs to happen during the shift. Other hotels have employees to help the desk and we have one person performing several jobs. If you're front desk, you should be front desk and NOT housekeeper, breakfast, laundry and maintenance. Also, make the hourly wage more attractive. $10 an hour does not help pay for anything in today's economy. The hotel can afford to not be cheap.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!