Marriott
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

I'll be moving on

Night Auditor (Current Employee)
Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Prosquiet during the night hours, not super busy,

ConsHours, no bonuses, alone, 3-11 usually leaves the hotel a mess for me to clean, yet they are never corrected for not doing what is on the checklist.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to cut so many corners! It's very unsafe to have only one person working the desk at night, especially a female. I feel more like a houseman than a night auditor due to all of the cleaning that needs to happen during the shift. Other hotels have employees to help the desk and we have one person performing several jobs. If you're front desk, you should be front desk and NOT housekeeper, breakfast, laundry and maintenance. Also, make the hourly wage more attractive. $10 an hour does not help pay for anything in today's economy. The hotel can afford to not be cheap.

EXCexceGreGreat

Associate (Former Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I worked at Marriott part-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent Corporate culture, good pay, work life balance, benefits Cons: hard for younger employees to meet people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great service to its customer, not so much for its employees

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Hotel discounts. Meet new interesting people. Cons: Too many chiefs and no Indians. There are more supervisors at the front desk than regular employees. The hours are long and random. There are… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people with people skills No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.