Marriott
3.6 of 5 1,175 reviews
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Great place to work and grow your career

General Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsExcellent training and development programs. Big focus on self development and on going development opportunities. Opportunities to cross train in multiple departments and several different brands while growing your career. The company makes it attractive to travel and see the world. Strong values and culture that makes you proud to work for the company.

ConsThe hours can be challenging since the hotel is open 24 hours you do not have a set schedule and will need to work different shifts in order to grow and learn the business. In addition the hours can be long depending on which department you are learning. Sometimes it is necessary to relocate in order to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on training and development of associates. Fine tune the recruiting process for all associates. Maintain the current culture that has been in place since Mr. Marriott Senior started the company. Continue to grow management contracts in the United States.

great place great people

Manager for Multi Hotel Department (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: focus on development, strong courses some upward mobility, many options great, knowledgeable, interesting… Cons: salary salary salary...you do not work at Marriott for the… Advice to Senior Management: salary isn't everything...but it sure means a lot...especially when the culture is changing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marriott

Pros: Fun. Promotions. Flexible. Great people. Cons: Working Holidays. Long shifts. Late nights. More
There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.