There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Enjoy the job, hate the management

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Keene, NH
Current Employee - Night Auditor in Keene, NH

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is relatively easy, and you get to meet a lot of interesting characters! I genuinely enjoy the job, it fits my outgoing personality a lot!

Cons

Schedules for the weeks, which start on Saturday, don't come out until the Wednesday beforehand! That gives you three (or less - sometimes it doesn't come til Thursday) days to know whether or not you can make plans for the weekend. This is the NUMBER ONE thing that if it changed - working here would be SO much more enjoyable.

Not to mention, the SEVERE hours cut. I was hired at full-time. I should stay at full time. Instead, during the winter months, I'm barely getting 30 hours a week! I had to get a second job to make up for it! I was never told that I was working seasonally when I was hired, so I shouldn't be treated as such!

Keep full time employees at full time hours ALL year round! And get whoever is in charge of scheduling to put out the schedules at least one week, if not two, weeks in advance - this is the number one thing that will aid in the retention of your employees!

reviews filtered by

I was given opportunity to move up quickly.

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I am lucky enough to be in a hotel that doesnt have a lot of turnover so my co workers are friends.

Cons

Most Marriotts are franchised so unless you have a good owner you wont have much support.

Recognize your employees at every level show appreciation. I feel I am only as good as then people that work for me and i appreciate them.

2. Good hotel, but they seem to have a lot of turnover.

Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Marriott full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, hotel and restaurant discounts.

Cons

Expensive parking in downtown Miami.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott