Marriott
www.marriott.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

System Administrator

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Frederick, MD

I worked at Marriott

ProsExcellent opportunity for movement within company. Marriott prefers to promote employees before hiring in. Excellent benefits package. Good friendly people easy to talk to and work with.

ConsAfter working some time at Marriott, technical skill set may become somewhat specialized to your specific area and their particular environment; it may be difficult to find work at the same level upon leaving the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a good job of disseminating information to employees. In my observation they could generally improve on the structuring of priorities.

Look elsewhere

Front Office Clerk (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott

Pros: The prizes and benefits package Cons: They will promise you the world, hire you and then change your job description. You will never get a raise, there is… Advice to Senior Management: need new management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work but very hard to get promoted

Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Marriott

Pros: Exceptional senior leadership; creative, smart, hard working associates abound; most department leaders are very flexible with work/life issues and balance; some training opportunities still exist… Cons: The company has been moving to a flatter hierarchy for a couple of years now. As a result, movement up the ladder the ladder… Advice to Senior Management: Time to start developing the "bench" a bit more. We have highly qualified people leading the company and believe the company is in excellent… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees.