There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Amazing Journey so far

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

No hieracy between managers and employees, it's very easy to talk. Your ideas and initiatives are respected, you have the opportunities to execute your ideas. Empowerment and lots of trainning

Cons

Nothing so far,i'm happy with everything

1289 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Overall positive experience working at Headquarters

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Vice President in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Marriott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to move around HQ if you are proactive; I moved from Finance to Operations. HQ facility is great - has daycare, nice cafeteria, gym, post office, pilates. Management and senior leaders have been in place a long time.

Cons

Because many of the senior leadership team has been at Marriott for 20+ years, they may discount your pre-Marriott work. Difficult to get into Operations if you have not worked in a hotel before. They do not seem to value MBA's, they value your work while at Marriott.

Frequent re-organizations are difficult for the staff, especially having to "re-post" for your job.

I loathe being a banquet server.

Current Employee - Banquet Server
    Current Employee - Banquet Server

I have been working at Marriott part-time for less than a year

Pros

My starting pay was $10.25 and I like the majority of the people I work with.

Cons

I don't have the personality for this job.

The hours are terrible. The only guarantee is that I can never make weekend plans. I either have to be at work a 5am and work into the afternoon or work until 1-2am, and most of my shifts are 10-12 hours long. I hate dealing with and cleaning up after the snooky customers, I hate having to move heavy s*** all day, my boss is an anal-retentive blow hard. Everything is broken and there's rarely enough supplies for me to do my job properly.

It's the standard "too much work for too little" situation. The job is far from mentally stimulating yet physically demanding. Staff moral is always low, and if I hear one more empty "you're the face of the company! smile! we couldn't do any of this without you!" comment, I'm going to lose my mind.

Take this job if: you enjoy mindless busywork that will last into the early morning ("oh, I know it's 2:30am and you've been working for 10 hours, but you have to polish this tub of silverware before you go") , cranky coworkers, being on your feet for 9+ hours a day, carrying/pushing heavy carts full of dishes from one end of a hotel to the other, like working on weekends and having 0-to-no social life.

This job is good for high school students who need money and don't know any better. It was my mistake taking the job in the first place and I'm counting down the days until my last shift.

If something is broken or if there isn't enough dishes/silverware, etc., BUY IT FOR YOUR STAFF! The job is thankless and annoying enough but WE are the ones that get all of the complaints from the customers, not you.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!