Amazing Journey so far

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Marriott full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No hieracy between managers and employees, it's very easy to talk. Your ideas and initiatives are respected, you have the opportunities to execute your ideas. Empowerment and lots of trainning

Cons

Nothing so far,i'm happy with everything

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people to work with and great benefits!

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Marriott full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with and made lifetime friendships.

Cons

At the time, it was difficult to get the hours I wanted.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people that work well with others and enjoy working in customer service.

I had high expectations of this company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hollywood Park, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hollywood Park, TX

I worked at Marriott full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Marriott has a great company culture. They are "supposed to" treat their employees exceptionally well because as Mr. Marriott always said, "Take great care of your employees, and in turn, they will take great care of your guests" Awesome hotel discounts. During the 4th quarter of the year, there is an even bigger discount on top of your ALREADY discounted rate. Good employee recognition programs and events. SO much opportunity for advancement. You can apply for a new position every 6 months.

Cons

This is of course, only for the location I was working at, which was the Sales & Reservations Center. The position is in a call center and the calls never stopped. There is a goal you have to meet as far as converting calls into reservations but its really not hard and if you don't meet it, management coaches you on what you can do better. Its kind of a low paying wage so the type of people who apply for this job are often young, inexperienced and extremely immature. I was often embarrassed upon hearing the way some of my coworkers sounded on the phone and how rude they were to guests. There were a lot of bad apples working there and because of them, we were ALL treated like children at a playground. Management lacked maturity as well, showed a lot of favoritism and treated their entire team like kids, always dismissing any concerns or frustrations. If you are a mature responsible adult, looking for a real career opportunity, I would not apply at the call center. You will be very unhappy. I haven't completely given up on Marriott yet, I may just try my luck at a hotel property, NEVER AGAIN at the call center.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees on the "front lines" well. They are the first contact with your guest.