Marriott

www.marriott.com
  www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Great company, but like anything, it still needs work.

Current Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits! Outside the golf industry, there are a variety of brands, locations, and job types to choose from (Hotel side).

Cons

Pay is probably level with the competition, but raises are not anything to brag about. Also, promotions don't seem to be tied to performance. Moving up requires moving out, and that's on you.

Provide more guidance to potential management candidates. Tighten the disciplinary measures...7 times an employee can be more than 7 minutes late, and they still have a job?

1454 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Horrible, inconsistent, run down, lack of support

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Marriott brand, landscape, parking, hotel discount

Cons

lack of team environment, no communication, smells like sewage, poor leadership, human resources is not supportive of the employees, negativity surrounds the resort.

change the management

I loathe being a banquet server.

Current Employee - Banquet Server
    Current Employee - Banquet Server

I have been working at Marriott part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My starting pay was $10.25 and I like the majority of the people I work with.

Cons

I don't have the personality for this job.

The hours are terrible. The only guarantee is that I can never make weekend plans. I either have to be at work a 5am and work into the afternoon or work until 1-2am, and most of my shifts are 10-12 hours long. I hate dealing with and cleaning up after the snooky customers, I hate having to move heavy s*** all day, my boss is an anal-retentive blow hard. Everything is broken and there's rarely enough supplies for me to do my job properly.

It's the standard "too much work for too little" situation. The job is far from mentally stimulating yet physically demanding. Staff moral is always low, and if I hear one more empty "you're the face of the company! smile! we couldn't do any of this without you!" comment, I'm going to lose my mind.

Take this job if: you enjoy mindless busywork that will last into the early morning ("oh, I know it's 2:30am and you've been working for 10 hours, but you have to polish this tub of silverware before you go") , cranky coworkers, being on your feet for 9+ hours a day, carrying/pushing heavy carts full of dishes from one end of a hotel to the other, like working on weekends and having 0-to-no social life.

This job is good for high school students who need money and don't know any better. It was my mistake taking the job in the first place and I'm counting down the days until my last shift.

If something is broken or if there isn't enough dishes/silverware, etc., BUY IT FOR YOUR STAFF! The job is thankless and annoying enough but WE are the ones that get all of the complaints from the customers, not you.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott