There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Great place to learn and grow.

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Welcoming culture, lots of talented people, global span of opportunities. Leaders are dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience and ensuring that partners and franchisees do the same.

Cons

Hard to have an impact at lower levels and very slow to act on bigger things. The company is so big and so successful that sometimes it is hard to create the feeling that action is needed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Front Office

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule both pro & con, hard to plan because never know when the hotel is going to be busy. Always new oppertunities at the company, especially if you're willing to move.

Cons

Working varying hours which can be very frustrating when planning trips and such. Compensation leaves a lot to be desired.

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Marriott was a great company to work for. They offered flexible schedules, great work enviorment, lots of employee benefits/Perks and the company provides all kinds of tools and resources to support work needs.

Cons

I worked property side and in order to advance your career you have to be willing to relocate (often). You have to be willing to move when there is an opening available. there really isn't a way to "correct this" it is the natural flow of how it has to work, it just didn't work well for where I needed to be.

I think the company has it nailed down and does a great job over all. So, just keep doing what you're doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott