Marriott

www.marriott.com
  www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Marriott one of the best places to work in the IT field.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Frederick, MD
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Perks and New technology to learn

Cons

Salary not at the median level.

They are doing a good job

1418 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Marriott- They take care of their associates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Marriott has many avenues within the company that one can pursue. I have encountered many dedicated & supportive people. This started as a job to get me through college and here I am 9 years later. You will work hard, long hours but in the end you are compensated. What keeps me is the flexibility I have with my schedule, and the people. Every place has its pros/cons but I strongly feel that the pros out weigh the cons at Marriott.

Cons

It is a big company, politics, communication gets lost, sometimes you feel like you are just a number. It is your job to stick it out and make something of yourself. No free rides here. Long hours, especially if you work in one of the hotels- hotels are open 24hrs a day/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year- weekends, holidays they are all just another day.

Marriott does a good job communicating the day to day stuff, but things get tough you have to communicate that too. Employees need to understand when things are going good and when things are going bad.

Great company with pretty good opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Quality management truly focused on the business while remembering the importance of taking care of their employees. Fair salaries, good benefits, smart people with loads of experience. Dedication to community service

Cons

Conservative, slow to respond to changes in the marketplace sometimes, some areas show few opportunities for advancement.

It's important to "go to your bench" sometimes and give opportunities to well deserving, hard working, junior associates. Also, take risks and be adventurous without going crazy; it's important to adapt to our customers which are no longer just baby boomers.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott