There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Best place to work!

Current Employee - Front Desk in Elizabeth City, NC
Current Employee - Front Desk in Elizabeth City, NC

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Working at Marriott is the best job oppourtunity that I have ever had. The manager is very understanding and professional at the same time. We have weekly guest here and they are the most down to earth people that I have met. It is like my second home here. It is a very professional place that gives you plenty of room for a career growth.

Cons

There are very few downsides to the front desk at a marriott. I would say dealing with rude guests or trying to answer the phones while checking people in. That's about it!

I love everything about the Marriot and I appreciate all that has been done to keep us up and going. It really is the best job to have! Great job on all that you do and I am looking forward to being with Marriott for the years to come.

1351 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Great company...questionable sales structure

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Medford, MA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

The benifits are great. I absolutly love the discounted rooms across the world! Management is very competent and knows how to communicate with managers and assistants alike. There is plenty of room for growth, and the internal training is top notch! You could go into this job knowing nothing, but in five weeks, you know enough to sell mulitple hotels.

Cons

As a sales organization, I wonder if it is getting caught up in its own bureacracy...we all work in an office, far away from the customer and the hotels. The idea is to be more customer forcused, offering availability of more hotels through "One point of contact"...but in reality: it is a cost cutting method to decrease the number of managers in the company to generate more revenue with fewer managers. Apparently the strategy is working...however, it translates into long hours and less pay in comparison to industry standards.

Allow internal applicants to bypass the HR recruiters. Iunderstand the need to weed out unqualified candidates, however, the hiring managers already know me. Why should I have to call a recruiter in Illinios so I can get a sit down with the hiring manager that I already have a relationship with.

Regional Sales Office is nothing but a call center

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Great place to start a career, training is the best and growth opportunities are good up until a certain point.

Cons

Faternity style atmosphere ,many males get promoted due to their relationships they have with management and not the work they put in, hard work and effort can go unrecongnized unless you play the game.
    Company has moved into a very unpersonalized sales force, depending on your position, you have to wait for 5 other people to get promoted before you can even think about being promoted.

Dont turn your sales force into computer zombies, Marriott has based its foundation on great service inside and out, that is slowly fading away.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott