Best place to work!

Current Employee - Front Desk in Elizabeth City, NC
Current Employee - Front Desk in Elizabeth City, NC

Pros

Working at Marriott is the best job oppourtunity that I have ever had. The manager is very understanding and professional at the same time. We have weekly guest here and they are the most down to earth people that I have met. It is like my second home here. It is a very professional place that gives you plenty of room for a career growth.

Cons

There are very few downsides to the front desk at a marriott. I would say dealing with rude guests or trying to answer the phones while checking people in. That's about it!

Advice to Management

I love everything about the Marriot and I appreciate all that has been done to keep us up and going. It really is the best job to have! Great job on all that you do and I am looking forward to being with Marriott for the years to come.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott

Tred carefully, staff/management turnover in IT is high.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Not an abusive environment, but management can "have their moments". Telecommuting is allowed which makes coping with the DC area traffic and weather bearable.

Cons

Turnover is surprisingly high. Long timestaff mysteriously disappear, insiders transfer from one cushy assignment to another and the worker bees get stuck in job categories that offer little or no upward mobility, just more work.

Advice to Management

You've cut IT staffing to the bone during the downturn. If the business is truly getting better why don't you start hiring?

2. "ok"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Rapid City, SD

Pros

Great hotel, great people. The cheap hotel rooms worldwide was by far the best incentive part of the job. I met several great people from around the world.

Cons

I orginally loved working for this place, however a few months into the posistion there was a change in management. Orginally we had several promotions and incentives for employees that gave us extra $$ on our paychecks.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at keeping your employees happy. Bill Marriott said, "If you treat your employees well, they treat your customers well." Live by that.