Marriott

www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Marriott is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Economical

Hotel stay awards include breakfast for two persons, taxes and gratuities with no hidden extras with our incentive award programs
Incentives cater to every budget, with a choice of brands and different levels of awards throughout the world
This corporate incentive program is an ideal way to thank loyal customers by offering non-face value awards with a highly perceived value

Flexible

Flexibility of last room availability 365 days a year, giving you confidence that the award will be used
Valid at over 2,900 properties worldwide, giving you flexibility and choice
Toll-free reservations number provides easy booking
Tailor-made packages suit individual needs

Cons

We challenge you to find someone who doesn't get excited about a vacation. Or someone who doesn't start marking off their calendar weeks in advance. You'll be amazed at how hard people work when each sale translates into another round of golf, or when reaching that service goal means a second honeymoon. Individual travel incentives let people decide when and where they go ... and offer a long-lasting benefit that neither cash nor other incentives can achieve. With Individual Incentives, these powerful employee incentive programs are easy to put into action: Once the award is in their hands, they make their selection and book directly with us. It’s that simple!

Keep doing it the right way

1508 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Marriott one of the best places to work in the IT field.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Perks and New technology to learn

Cons

Salary not at the median level.

They are doing a good job

Marriott- They take care of their associates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Marriott has many avenues within the company that one can pursue. I have encountered many dedicated & supportive people. This started as a job to get me through college and here I am 9 years later. You will work hard, long hours but in the end you are compensated. What keeps me is the flexibility I have with my schedule, and the people. Every place has its pros/cons but I strongly feel that the pros out weigh the cons at Marriott.

Cons

It is a big company, politics, communication gets lost, sometimes you feel like you are just a number. It is your job to stick it out and make something of yourself. No free rides here. Long hours, especially if you work in one of the hotels- hotels are open 24hrs a day/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year- weekends, holidays they are all just another day.

Marriott does a good job communicating the day to day stuff, but things get tough you have to communicate that too. Employees need to understand when things are going good and when things are going bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott