Marriott Delivers

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing  in  Marco Island, FL
Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Marco Island, FL

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

One of the most ethical companies in the world. Period. You'll never have to apologize. The company puts it's associates first. In my twenty two years with Marriott I've found Training, communication, opportunities, loyalty are just some of the elements that make this company so great to work for. In a business world where companies struggle to keep employees, loyal customers and be financially successful, Marriott continues to deliver.

Cons

Some chains pay more. When Marriott people leave because they think the grass is greener, they usually come back. If you are looking for a management job where you want to punch a clock at the end of the day and never think about work until you return. Forget it! It gets in your blood.

Never, ever lose focus on what separates Marriott from it's competitors. It's always about our people and our customers. Everything else will take care of itself.

Other Reviews for Marriott

great job, low pay

Current Employee - Hourly Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

very challenging and interesting industry

Cons

Long term employees reach maximum pay and actually end up earning less with each passing year due to inflation.

compensate your hourly associates better

It's been a great run so far working at Marriott

Current Employee - Front Office Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Employee discount, Health Care, Vision, 401k, bonuses and Paid Vacation. All based on your employer. The owners of this Franchise pay most our medical, and vision. Have a matching 401K and were even more generous with my maternity leave and vacations. It's a great team!

Cons

Most are franchisee locations so benefits are based on individual owner. So Raises and promotions are less limited.

I would like a dental plan. And less black out dates for Employee rates.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!