Marriott Delivers

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Marco Island, FL
Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Marco Island, FL

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

One of the most ethical companies in the world. Period. You'll never have to apologize. The company puts it's associates first. In my twenty two years with Marriott I've found Training, communication, opportunities, loyalty are just some of the elements that make this company so great to work for. In a business world where companies struggle to keep employees, loyal customers and be financially successful, Marriott continues to deliver.

Cons

Some chains pay more. When Marriott people leave because they think the grass is greener, they usually come back. If you are looking for a management job where you want to punch a clock at the end of the day and never think about work until you return. Forget it! It gets in your blood.

Advice to Management

Never, ever lose focus on what separates Marriott from it's competitors. It's always about our people and our customers. Everything else will take care of itself.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's been a great run so far working at Marriott

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

Employee discount, Health Care, Vision, 401k, bonuses and Paid Vacation. All based on your employer. The owners of this Franchise pay most our medical, and vision. Have a matching 401K and were even more generous with my maternity leave and vacations. It's a great team!

Cons

Most are franchisee locations so benefits are based on individual owner. So Raises and promotions are less limited.

Advice to Management

I would like a dental plan. And less black out dates for Employee rates.

Great training, low salary

Former Employee - Group Sales Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Group Sales Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Marriott

Pros

-promote from within - good training programs -recognition for a job well done

Cons

-pay -little time off -inside the box thinking -work/life balance

Advice to Management

Senior Manangement should focus more on the culture of the company not just talk about it. Employee benefits are being reduced little by little and the pay is low.