Marriott Vacation Club

Engaged Employer

Let down intern.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounted room rates, good company culture.

Cons

I had a poor experience. I have completed internships with other companies, that had far greater internship programs. As an intern with Marriott, the next step in the progression is to become a manager. In the application process I was told I would shadow the manager, and attend the meetings that they attend. I would basically be prepping to step into a management position. None of that has happened, I have been given the worst shifts, have only spoken to my manager a total of 2 times, both times were less than 10 words. The company offers development programs for the associates, but I have been scheduled to work for every single one of them, so I have not been able to attend. The managers here are terrible with guests, I have seen many managers be fired who were much better than the ones I work for now with Marriott. It is very unfortunate, because Marriott is such a recognized name, and they are failing to uphold the standards that other Marriott hotels hold themselves to.

Advice to Management

Remember that the interns become the next managers. If you want to have a good selection of candidates to hire, take some time to develop them while they are at your hotel. If we aren't getting the development that we need during college and internships, when are we supposed to get it.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott Vacation Club

1. Good for start, but not for a long time

Current Employee - Administrator in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Administrator in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Safe and Secure Job, good to start your carrier.

Cons

not a good salary and benefits, discrimination between Middle East employees and other regions.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Not that easy you must be convincing them you are the best to get hired

Current Employee - Guest Services/Front Desk
    Current Employee - Guest Services/Front Desk

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time

Pros

warming work ambiance,very helpful co workers,helping you advancing and growing keep the good work up

Cons

the operations is not the same like the other hotels you have to know the difference which may take sometime