Marriott Vacation Club

www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott Vacation Club

Extremely horrible to work in IT

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time

Pros

If you want to sit around and do nothing then maybe this is the place for you.

Cons

Where can I begin? Bureaucracy with technology adoption. They tell software developers that the legal department will not allow them to use Notepad++, Apache Tomcat for local development or any other item of software not on their approved list. Legal won't allow migration from Cruise Control to Jenkins. The project planning is horrendous. They will overwork you for several months on a project that is dumped on you with a ridiculous schedule. Once the project is done you will sit around and do nothing for months to years. During this time they will lie to you and tell you that there are tons of projects. It is also worth noting that they are trying to outsource or layoff the entire IT department. If you get a contract opportunity or job at MVWC then your job security will hang in the balance indefinitely. Don't ask the senior leadership about your job security because they will only get annoyed that you inconvenienced them with your question. If you write Java code, then hold your nose because the birds nest that you will try to maintain will be atrocious. If you try to promote your code fix be prepared for all kinds of obstacles that make no sense.

Advice to Management

Listen to constructive criticism from your employees. Management refuses to accept any blame or responsibilities. Go get training in technology because you obviously have none. Stop promoting incompetent people. Stop allowing loud mouth "software architects" who can't write documentation to run everyone out of your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Marriott Vacation Club

1. Overall a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Care about their employees; collaborative enviorment; good benefits; decent pay; industry leader; good work/life balance

Cons

Too much red tape; too many bosses

Advice to Management

Streamline HR processes and eliminate the need for so many approvals

2. My experience at Marriott Vacation Club was average.

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a potential to make a decent salary. You are recognized for your achievements. Can move up quickly.

Cons

It is mainly telemarketing with a lot of unqualified leads The drastically under deliver their promise as to what to expect

Advice to Management

Do some legitimate research on the true value on the packages that are being offered. I would've looked like like an idiot to potential buyers if I didn't do research on my own. I found better deals on website that require much less in order to take advantage of the "savings".