Marriott Vacation Club

www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com

Great work atmosphere, horrible upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Earning money was easy, easy job if you enjoy working hard, fun and chill atmosphere. Benefits were INCREDIBLE!! I regretted leaving because my heart broke when I quit, but it was my time to go.

Cons

management have the tendency to think only about the dollar signs and less about how they treat the people who actually face the guests. they forget that we are the ones selling what they are offering, and that we work hard so that they can sit in an office all day. No room for movement unless you are performing extra-curricular duties for management of some kind (read between the lines there....) Need to be more flexible with your hard-working employees. and DEFINITELY need to be more adaptable to change!! Not everyone wants to spend $16 on a cheeseburger and fries if they aren't super spectacular.

out with the old folks, in with the semi-younger crowd! you'll never get fresh ideas for bigger and better sales until you gain more youthful management! (not talking about teenagers, strictly speaking about mid-twenties, early thirties - - - it would help the company more than you know!)

Other reviews for Marriott Vacation Club

Great first job

Current Employee - Guest Services/Front Desk  in  Newport Coast, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Services/Front Desk in Newport Coast, CA

Pros

Good starting wage for first front desk job, great coworker and a great culture. People here really learn to stick together.

Cons

No real movement unless you are willing to move to another state. There are very little positions to fill if you are looking to start a carrer. They have a MIT program but only availible to hospitality majors, so business majors are excluded

Need better growth plans for promising employees so they dont look to leave

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Thomas, VI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, VI

Pros

I sold Timeshare for Marriott and enjoyed the work environment. The training is great and and the management works hard to prepare you and give you all the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

Very Corporate attmosphere, it felt very cookie cutter for the sales process . I feel like if its a sales job you really have to let your personality shine , and it should be a bit more fun ..

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott Vacation Club.

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!