Mars
www.mars.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Great company on paper, but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

I worked at Mars full-time

ProsGood benefits and salary, great people, and admirable principles. Exposure to global business practices and partners makes for very interesting opportunities, and training opportunities abound.

ConsImpossibly dysfunctional environment and bizarre leadership team in this particular business unit. Remember the story "The Emperor Wore No Clothes"? Employees in this office could have written it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe low engagement scores and high turnover say it all.

Change?, not for the better.

warehouse (Current Employee)
Mattoon, IL

I have been working at Mars full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: clean environment, good safety program, benefits are average, uniforms are provided… Cons: Very political and intimidating atmosphere of management, management is very micro managing and not willing to let… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the intimidation of employees who do not agree with managment. let employees express themselves without fear of retribution. Stop micro managing and let employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Long Road Ahead...

Franklin, TN

I have been working at Mars

Pros: 1. You can bring your dog to work! 2. No dress… Cons: 1. Vision and strategic alignment is lacking 2. No balance between bottom-line improvement and top-line growth; cost-savings and business shaping alone will not get… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Listen & interact with associates OUTSIDE of your department 2. Use FACTS (not tribal knowledge)… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mars.

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mars reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mars CEO Paul S. Michaels. All reviews posted anonymously by Mars employees.