Mars

www.mars.com

Engagement is king at the cost of maturity

Security Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery strong engagement efforts. All about fun and celebration. Quirky people. Management provides a fairly consistent message. Continuously developing programs to offer educational opportunities (MARS University). Good pay and benefits. Strongly emphasis on the 'human-factor' and good work-life balance. Open office environment spurs collaboration and approachability. Private company mentality celebrates freedom and measured risk taking. No micro-management.

ConsVery loose processes, lack of maturity in areas that matter and can effect the bottom line. Not a very dynamic environment. Overtly focused on generalists that can be dropped into new roles every 2-3 years. Do not value technical expertise (although this is supposed to change). Hire people based on personality rather than technical skills. A very consensus driven environment, everyone can say no, few can say yes. Very lean and cost-conscientious. Speak highly about career growth but path is not well defined by HR. Hard to get noticed and equally hard to get fired. Lots of average generalists that lack industry knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop programs to identify and groom the next generation of leaders. Put more emphasis on technical leadership. Hire for personality and technical skills.

Don't Get Old At Mars

Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Mount Olive, NJ

I worked at Mars full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay is good, benefits are good, Cons: They expects you to work long hours & weekends. As you progress up the ladder, you will soon be laid off by one of… Advice to Senior Management: Value experienced associates. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

outstanding company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mars full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Open Office environment - approachability to senior management -emphasis on 5… Cons: -office locations not always in the greatest of areas esp… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mars.

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!