Mars
www.mars.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Good internship experience

Intern (Former Employee)
Hackettstown, NJ

I worked at Mars as an intern for less than a year

ProsAs an intern, I was always treated as a member of the team I worked. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and easy to adapt to after college. Everyone was very friendly and I feel like I was setup to be successful during the internship.

ConsThroughout my internship, I was told that I performed very well but there was never talk of full time employment opportunities. In the office I worked, the internship program was new and they were trying to prove it was worth doing. Seemed more like we were guinea pigs and they would look into properly developing the internship program for their next intern class.

Utterly Dysfunctional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

I worked at Mars full-time

Pros: Great training, exposure to interesting global projects and knowledgeable associates.… Cons: Incredibly dysfunctional leadership team (led by a family member) with no strategic vision. Nothing ever gets accomplished because the management team changes direction constantly. This… Advice to Senior Management: You should be fired. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a company that values technical leaders

Category Leadership Manager (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at Mars full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Open environment. No offices. Allows to bring your dog to… Cons: Very political. Technical decisions made by non-technical associates. Food microbiologists are not valued or heard. Responses to emails or requests is dependent on person's title… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to subject matter expert; drop the politics; treat everyone with respect regardless of title; don't require everyone to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mars.

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mars reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mars CEO Paul S. Michaels. All reviews posted anonymously by Mars employees.