Mars

There are newer employer reviews for Mars

Good internship experience

Former Intern - Intern in Hackettstown, NJ
Former Intern - Intern in Hackettstown, NJ

I worked at Mars as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, I was always treated as a member of the team I worked. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and easy to adapt to after college. Everyone was very friendly and I feel like I was setup to be successful during the internship.

Cons

Throughout my internship, I was told that I performed very well but there was never talk of full time employment opportunities. In the office I worked, the internship program was new and they were trying to prove it was worth doing. Seemed more like we were guinea pigs and they would look into properly developing the internship program for their next intern class.

343 Other Employee Reviews for Mars (View Most Recent)

Utterly Dysfunctional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Mars full-time

Pros

Great training, exposure to interesting global projects and knowledgeable associates. Company has impressive principles and a benevolent underpinning.

Cons

Incredibly dysfunctional leadership team (led by a family member) with no strategic vision. Nothing ever gets accomplished because the management team changes direction constantly. This division routinely hires very bright people and fires them in 6 - 12 months when the annual business reviews come up and senior management needs scapegoats.

You should be fired.

Not a company that values technical leaders

Former Employee - Category Leadership Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Category Leadership Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Mars full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open environment. No offices. Allows to bring your dog to work everyday. Casual dress code.

Cons

Very political. Technical decisions made by non-technical associates. Food microbiologists are not valued or heard. Responses to emails or requests is dependent on person's title (upper management don't reply to lower level associates). Upper management is arrogant, political, and disrespectful. HR and managers don't take actions when needed, even when associates are harassing others. Company allows some associates to be complainers and abuse the system. Horrible upper management and HR (P&O) associates who aren't trained on how to lead.

Listen to subject matter expert; drop the politics; treat everyone with respect regardless of title; don't require everyone to be a "Martian" to stay with the company and get out in the world of other companies to learn about best practices.

There are newer employer reviews for Mars