There are newer employer reviews for Mars

Mars incorporated is a good place to work if you are willing to work a 60 hours week

I have been working at Mars

Pros

-Open office policy. -associates are respected. -The five principles -Decent benefits package -Free Chocolate -Family owned -There is a personal touch in almost every thing within the company

Cons

- No work life-balance as you are expected to work late and even on weekends -Changes take forever. -Lack of communication -difficulty to get grow within the company -

Advice to Management

Please get involved and make sure you listen to you subordinnates. Appreciation and acknowledge of hard / good work makes wonders.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mars is not the place it used to Be.....

I have been working at Mars

Pros

- Good salary - Strong Brands - Good Benefits

Cons

- Poor Leadership - Coomunication from the top is lacking - Promotions are not based on performance - Load tons of work on few people

Advice to Management

Wake up! The Mars Family stressed the importance of the 5 Principles - one of which is Mutuality. The company is being led by corporate executives that have no concern or care for the people on the front line. This has the potential for being a great company.. but the associates are being forgotten and treated poorly. Mid-level managers are stuck.. with few opportunities for progress.

2. Mars LLC

I worked at Mars

Pros

No matter the level of your position, your opinion counts! Highly appreciate a democratic way of making decisions, at Mars an associate has a widest range of possibilities to express his/her creativity and ideas

Cons

Location - mostly, all Mars big sites are not in the capitals or big cities but in small. But it was a cons for me, lots of people love it

Advice to Management

I had a line manager whom I can name one of the most talented managers I've ever met, and I had a huge positive experience of interaction with Senior management at Mars, so my advice - keep on, guys!=)