Marsh

usa.marsh.com

l spent 26 years and was recently terminated due to restructuring

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsProfessional firm with unlimited resources and excellant growth potential for young employees willing to learn the Insurance brokerage business. Company is constantly in the restructure mode to become more efficient.

ConsUnfortunately there is a culture of nepotism and patronage among senior executives. Compensation has gone to a sales culture which includes a base salary and discretionary bonus structure.

Advice to Senior Managementlook in the glass mirror and treat your senior employees with more respect since you will lose your competitve advantage through the loss of intellectual human capital.

No respect

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Marsh full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: N O T H I N G Cons: CIO, Program Manager, IT operation lead, team leaders (except idiots) all resigned. One day, 7 people were called into a meeting room and terminated by… Advice to Senior Management: Hopeless. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mixed feelings. , great coworkers, starting to feel the 1% culture. 1% not in touch with the 99%

Client Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marsh full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Colleagues in the field truly focus on what is right for the clients and work hard for them. Not always… Cons: Having employees go through 4 years of no raises while people were coming on making HUGE >$300k salaries was demoralizing. Appeared top executives were… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize very few are in support of current executives and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Marsh.

Worked for Marsh? Contribute to the Community!