Marsh

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

Big revenues, boring tasks

Current Employee - Client Representative in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Client Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Marsh full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Huge company with plenty of room to grow & move. With so many offices worldwide, you are able to really work where you'd like, if your position & experience allows it. Currently am working on going to Africa for a month with a former school group and working with Marsh to work remotely and with the African offices.

Cons

Very political, as you would expect from a company of this size. The tasks of a Client Rep are very boring, as you are basically half a step above an intern. It helps to learn the business, but be prepared for monotonous task. Also, a very rigid company. They call themselves the "Harvard of Insurance," and their track record stands behind it. That also means you get that stiff, sometimes stuck-up attitude from people.

Pay attention to more of what happens behind the curtain, there have been times where the little things are looked past, and that can really ruin a company if done enough.

145 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh (View Most Recent)

Good experience and good people to work with.

Current Employee - Client Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Marsh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Resources and depth of knowledge. They can do anything the client asks them to, just need to locate the correct person.

Cons

Lack of consistent leadership. Always changing the way things need to be done each year.

Take a plan and stick with it.

Changing strategy and market conditions cause the layoff of quality control department. There were too many chiefs.

Former Employee - Policy Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Policy Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Marsh full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work schedule including work at home, and colleagues were great to work with.

Cons

Change in strategy in New York doesn't filter down to the lower levels, until it is too late. I believe our department was set up until the technology became available to do our job at lower cost, and then we were let go. I have a good idea that was the strategy from the get-go.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh