There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

A Tough Climb to the Top

I worked at Marsh

Pros

Marsh was a place where you can create your own work schedule, you aren't micro managed and there is a certain amount of trust placed in you to do your job and do it correctly. Time-off was never an issue (if fact full time exempt employees get 3 weeks vacation and 2 weeks sick time, plus 2 personal and 2-3 floating holidays!)

Cons

There is no clear career path! There are hundreds of Assistant VP's and VP's, however, there is no clear reason why these people are promoted on a yearly basis. It is a very political atmosphere with who you know dominating who will get promoted versus hard and exceptional work getting you to the next place.

Reward performance, recognize your talent within rather than play the political games. Show us how to move forward and what we need to accomplish in order to do so.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh (View Most Recent)

Working at Marsh

I have been working at Marsh

Pros

If you are well-liked, you will do well at this company. Bit of an "old boys club" mentality sometimes which can be a bit tiring, but progress is definitely being made away from this.

Cons

fairly competitive environment, which can be very motivating, but you tend to have colleagues who are only looking out for their best interest, so there is a lack of information sharing sometimes. Also, you must be self-motivated to work here as direct supervison is not found - on that same note, micro-managers need not apply!

I think that diversity and progression are already on your radar as important issues to develop - keep up the good work!

Marsh

I worked at Marsh

Pros

Good life style
    Pay is on the high end

Cons

bad management
    unclear career path
    low morale

Reevaluate the capabilities of emerging market leaders

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh