Marsh

usa.marsh.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

Great until you fall from Grace

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dearborn, MI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Marsh

Pros

Great benefits, Fair compensation, Ample time off, Tuition reimbursement with bonuses upon completion, Core and bank holidays off, Good training program in place

Cons

Overlook the extra duties a person does especially around review time, promotions and raises seem to be based on relationship with mangers as opposed to performance. Some mangers set standards for employees that they do not adhere to.

Treat all divisions the same.

158 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh (View Most Recent)

Good place to work if you are interested in this industry.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Marsh

Pros

Good company to work for all things considered I really can't think of anything else to say except I was happy and just wanted more money...

Cons

Non to speak of I'm a pretty optomistic happy go lucky... It's such a fabulous place to work at and I think they are sweet.

Keep on keep n on. I'm really happy for them and all they are doing... They think they are pretty smart and people keep giving them money so that ='s smart in my book.

Fire Drill!!!!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh

Pros

Attitude of new entry level and mid-level hires. Solid benefit package and reasonable pay range for non-internal promotions.

Good opportunities for advancement within the overall financial systems team and systems implementation team.

Cons

Internally promoted colleagues are typically compensated 20-25% below market and recent (2009/10) internal promotions have little to no increase in compensation package.

Compensation and career path/advancement poorly defined and not communicated by HR or senior management.

Poor financial systems implementation which effects all aspects of middle and back office activities (finance/accounting). Including general unwillingness to adopt new financial system features (and results in lost efficiency and productivity).

Redundant request from management, poor communication from senior management but also within smaller (10-20) teams, and severe lack of time management skills/organization on nearly all parties in finance. Resulting in unnecessary fire drills and long hours.

General attitude of senior management in finance division needs to progress. Work is typically their life not a part of their life. No true understanding of work/life balance. Many senior executives in back office (stress BACK OFFICE) finance bring work home with them on the weekends for no apparent reason other than love of their jobs and dislike of their families/friends/personal lives (perhaps that is too far, but I am trying to get a point across)

Truly use the financial system you paid millions for! Really adopt it. It will make your work life easier!

Define what career advancement with Marsh means and the appropriate steps colleagues need to take to move forward in the company (both in levels of responsibility and compensation)

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh