There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies

Good experience for the recent college grad

Former Employee - Risk Analyst in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Risk Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great internship and first job out of college job.

Cons

Big company, so sometimes you get lost in the beauracracy

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Growth

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good growth opportunities for younger people.

Cons

Too many systems and passwords

Migraine Inducing

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Even when trying to be objective, it is tough to come up with a positive.

Cons

False promises: From dual monitors to a new compensation plan, the only thing management followed through on was reworking the schedule so you're working unneeded overtime and more Saturdays.
    Underpaid: Low salary, no merit increases, horrible compensation for sales. I know of someone in the office who was making less than $100 more a paycheck after 6 years.
    No advancement opportunities: You will leave the company in the same role you were hired in at, plain and simple.
    Unprofessional Management: When your manager says "I don't play like that" in a meeting, you know you're in the wrong environment.
    Tardy occurrences: Yes, those things you got in high school for being 5 minutes late.
    Unreasonable: You have to use PTO for an appointment. You can only use that PTO and go to an appointment if there are less than 5 people (of 40 reps) taking the day off. How are you supposed to accomplish anything with that restriction?
    Management does not care about their employees: If it wasn't obvious from what was said above, there are plenty of other examples. Our input meant nothing. When forced OT was put on our schedule every Monday, there was no e-mail, no warning. We just showed up on that first Monday to find our lunch was cut to a half hour (it takes 20 minutes just to go out and get food), and a half hour added on to our schedule at the end of the day. Sure, an hour of OT is nothing. I worked 60 hours a week at my job prior to that. The reason I am upset is because the OT was not needed. We had no input on the matter. We would have all of the agents in our office sitting at our desks with no calls holding, just wanting to go home.

This may seem bitter, but when you wake up every morning dreading going to work and just praying for a way out, you know the company is run poorly.

Your employees are adults, start treating them that way.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies