Marsh & McLennan Companies

www.marsh.com
  www.marsh.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies

Migraine Inducing

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Even when trying to be objective, it is tough to come up with a positive.

Cons

False promises: From dual monitors to a new compensation plan, the only thing management followed through on was reworking the schedule so you're working unneeded overtime and more Saturdays.
Underpaid: Low salary, no merit increases, horrible compensation for sales. I know of someone in the office who was making less than $100 more a paycheck after 6 years.
No advancement opportunities: You will leave the company in the same role you were hired in at, plain and simple.
Unprofessional Management: When your manager says "I don't play like that" in a meeting, you know you're in the wrong environment.
Tardy occurrences: Yes, those things you got in high school for being 5 minutes late.
Unreasonable: You have to use PTO for an appointment. You can only use that PTO and go to an appointment if there are less than 5 people (of 40 reps) taking the day off. How are you supposed to accomplish anything with that restriction?
Management does not care about their employees: If it wasn't obvious from what was said above, there are plenty of other examples. Our input meant nothing. When forced OT was put on our schedule every Monday, there was no e-mail, no warning. We just showed up on that first Monday to find our lunch was cut to a half hour (it takes 20 minutes just to go out and get food), and a half hour added on to our schedule at the end of the day. Sure, an hour of OT is nothing. I worked 60 hours a week at my job prior to that. The reason I am upset is because the OT was not needed. We had no input on the matter. We would have all of the agents in our office sitting at our desks with no calls holding, just wanting to go home.

This may seem bitter, but when you wake up every morning dreading going to work and just praying for a way out, you know the company is run poorly.

Your employees are adults, start treating them that way.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies (View Most Recent)

Outstanding experience in developing new skills

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The experience, salary, benefits, and friendly enviornment make this the best place to start your career

Cons

Internship does not lead to full time offer

Increase learning opportunities

It's a Swamp

Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some great managers. Great diversity unlike most insurance brokers.

Cons

No raises. Poor service. Money is in management not sales.

Promote from within. All this outside talent you bring on board winds up getting canned anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies