Marsh & McLennan Companies
www.marsh.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Migraine Inducing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven when trying to be objective, it is tough to come up with a positive.

ConsFalse promises: From dual monitors to a new compensation plan, the only thing management followed through on was reworking the schedule so you're working unneeded overtime and more Saturdays.
Underpaid: Low salary, no merit increases, horrible compensation for sales. I know of someone in the office who was making less than $100 more a paycheck after 6 years.
No advancement opportunities: You will leave the company in the same role you were hired in at, plain and simple.
Unprofessional Management: When your manager says "I don't play like that" in a meeting, you know you're in the wrong environment.
Tardy occurrences: Yes, those things you got in high school for being 5 minutes late.
Unreasonable: You have to use PTO for an appointment. You can only use that PTO and go to an appointment if there are less than 5 people (of 40 reps) taking the day off. How are you supposed to accomplish anything with that restriction?
Management does not care about their employees: If it wasn't obvious from what was said above, there are plenty of other examples. Our input meant nothing. When forced OT was put on our schedule every Monday, there was no e-mail, no warning. We just showed up on that first Monday to find our lunch was cut to a half hour (it takes 20 minutes just to go out and get food), and a half hour added on to our schedule at the end of the day. Sure, an hour of OT is nothing. I worked 60 hours a week at my job prior to that. The reason I am upset is because the OT was not needed. We had no input on the matter. We would have all of the agents in our office sitting at our desks with no calls holding, just wanting to go home.

This may seem bitter, but when you wake up every morning dreading going to work and just praying for a way out, you know the company is run poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are adults, start treating them that way.

In too deep

Account Manager II (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great pay and benefits and friendly people. Cons: lackluster management and inadequate staffing. Advice to Senior Management: listen to your colleagues and stop staring at the "bottom… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall Good Experience

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time

Pros: Great learning environment, good (but expesive) medical benefits, average compensation Cons: Coporate decisions are driving by what is best for share… Advice to Senior Management: Pay those who you see as future leaders enought to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Marsh & McLennan Companies – Why Work for Us?

Marsh and McLennan Companies is the premier global professional services firm, providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Through our market leading brands: Marsh, Oliver Wyman… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marsh & McLennan Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marsh & McLennan Companies CEO Daniel S. Glaser. All reviews posted anonymously by Marsh & McLennan Companies employees.