Marsh & McLennan Companies

www.marsh.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies

Good company with good people

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Work culture in the office

Cons

bonus is less than I would expect

no current advice to managment

330 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies (View Most Recent)

Losing Talent and Focus

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Marsh is a Global company with an abundance of resources and analytics available to clients. I've been at other top-ranked brokerage firms and Marsh, by far, surpasses the others in talent and resources.

Cons

In an effort to change the industry and create efficiencies they have lost sight of what's most important, our clients. Second to our clients are our colleagues who generally feel overworked, severely undervalued and completely expendable. Rather than allowing us to provide quality service to our clients they only create additional barriers.

Staffing - we are constantly having to do more with less and it's clear management has no clue what it takes to provide "best in class" service that elite firms provide. If you're a producer it's even harder to negotiate fees with clients when you're constantly losing key team members and there are hurdles to provide any analytics to your clients.

Try actually talking to colleagues who are in the trenches. Supposedly this was done as part of the new technology role out however they have completely missed the boat. Perhaps put on the breaks before things get even worse? Don't roll out initiatives if they don't work just to check them off your list to show it was completed.

Very rewarding and I wa able to work with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to use transferrable skills to achive my goals and I was able to achieve monthly business objectives.

Cons

I had no complaints when I was employed other than my position was outsourced to INDIA.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies