Marsh & McLennan Companies

www.marsh.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies

Senior Accountant, responsible for consolidating countries submission, which goes to SEC reporting in the end

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Hoboken, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

The view of Hoboken, NJ office is just gorgeous, this is probably one of the season that I decide to stay in this company. You will meet a lot of nice and friendly colleagues in the company, which is a big plus.

Cons

The managers are the experts at what we are doing, but they lack the necessary management skills in general. In case of any organization changes or instructions to be distributed, you are literally sitting in the dark.

I think appreciation and trust are the keys to keep the talents in your company. There are tons of talented ones in this organization, but I find the appreciation and trust somewhat lacking. For most of the time, only the upper level managers are aware of what is going on, the rest of the crew are kept in the dark, which discourage the engagement within the organization.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies (View Most Recent)

$85,000

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Stable company, Great leadership, salary and benefits package. Brian Dupperault is doing a great job. attractive bonus and midtown location are also a plus.

Cons

Performance review needs to be improved. Need to give better opportunities for employees to switch jobs wiyhin the company. Continuous education should be given to employees who exceeds management expectation.

Brian Dupperault is doing a fantastic job. They are on the right track and will succeed. Should give more autonomy and opportunities for growing within the company.

Poor morale

Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Leader in industry. Strong relationships with the markets.

Cons

Layoffs and outsourcing over the last few years have created poor morale. Less people doing more work.

Flow of communication from management downward is deficient.

When outsourcing, formulate a wise transition plan. They have been too short in the past, creating huge gaps that create more work on the back end to remediate.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies