Marsh & McLennan Companies

MMC marsh and mclennan

Current Employee - Global Sourcing Position in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Global Sourcing Position in Boston, MA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

MMC has great benefits and multiple work locations

Cons

No cohesion among operating companies

Need to work on standing behind the parent company and set an example for the operating companies

325 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity!

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Marsh spares no expense for their employees. Tenure runs very high in the office to prove how much Marsh values their employees. The training process is comprehensive, inclusive, and every detail has been thought out. Staff is committed to a team environment and supporting each other. Resources are always available to help out employees. There is a high degree of professionalism in the office.

Cons

Being a very large company, there are many processes and workflows you have to learn to do your job correctly. Once you learn them it's no big deal. I really can't think of any major cons to working at Marsh.

Management has been great. I'd love to meet more of the leadership, but I understand this is difficult as Marsh is nationwide.

Upper management is the bad apple in the barrel

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Salary is decent

Benefits are good

My office environment is decent

Cons

Upper level management

Not much opportunity to advance

Company wide raise freeze after first year of employment. Raise freeze has been in effect for several years now.

Horrible feedback from management and bad performance review policies. Management seems to think that unless you email them every time you sneeze then you don't exist as far as the company is concerned (slight exaggeration)

MMC is a decent company to work for but there are some serious competency issues with people in upper management that are driving the IT sector of the company in the ground. First level managers are great from what I have experienced.

It's only a matter of time before things implode and the IT infrastructure will be in need of a serious overhaul. Once CIO level management realizes what is going on things will change in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies