There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Fast paced. Horrible customers. Horrible management.

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers are nice and understanding. The whole store is pretty much about teamwork.

Cons

Management is strict. Customers think they own the place. The managers always want us to work, work, work even though all the work has been done and there are no customers in line. I was hired for part-time and they scheduled me for 40 hours. I tried to make arrangements with my schedule but the manager did not hear me out. You cannot climb the ladder in the store. Low pay for high quality work. NEXT!

Management need to start caring about their employees. Start paying more. Maybe the employees would be more satisfy.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls (View Most Recent)

Horrible Company Low Pay Too Much Work

Current Employee - Clothes  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Clothes in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only pro is some nice workers but not all of them are nice

Cons

Min Wage, Customers can be annoying, Expect one person to do the job of 3 different people. Its like your in a 3rd world country where their is no employment laws. They hire tons of people but give them little hours like 4 hours a day. Most of the Managers are Lazy and expect too much of the employees and overwork them just so they can get bonuses. And too many people suck up to management! The only reason to work here is if you truly cant find another job otherwise I highly recommend not applying or not showing up to the interview if you already applied. And another con is people are constantly having to quit because of low pay,bad hours and difficult working conditions. So the people you get to know will be gone and then you will have to once again start new relationships with other new people. The people who run this company like the CEO and the guy who created Marshalls are vultures so they dont care if they give someone a heart attack working as long as they make more money.

Start putting more than one employee in an area and start giving more hours in a day instead of just 4 or 5 hours. And oh yeah how about start paying more to your employees! And stop making a big deal out of childish prizes like winning a free drink!

They don't care about your hopes or dreams. When you sign those new hire papers, they own you.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Marshalls part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Absolutely nothing, they will even pay you under minimum.

Cons

Worst customers in retail
    Staff is unwilling to change anything
    They will hire anyone....ANYONE.
    No actual security
    Discount isn't

Management should raise their standards and quit acting like high schoolers. "Clean" isn't throwing clothing in random places where no one can see. All the adolescent drama within this store is completely unnecessary and unprofessional.

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!