Marshalls

www.marshallsonline.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Weird people but fun customers

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in San Diego, CA

I worked at Marshalls part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The customers were amazing people most of the time, some rude ones here and there but overall it was great having customers to talk to while ringing them on items. You don't really have to contribute much skill to the job, the younger co-workers are nice people and things move smoothly.

Cons

The bosses are dumb (highly uneducated), TJX Cards are promoted rather than speed and a high level customer experience (lets make profit people...speed and quality). older co-workers are nasty usually with an exception of a few, you wont get paid much either. Very organized structure with scheduling and a lot of breakroom politics in the back which shouldn't exist (YOU WORK AT MARSHALLS NOT A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY).

Put better leaders and you will receive better results, I've seen harassment among the employees (hitting, bullying, etc). Make the store inviting to people, it seems as if Marshall's stores dont care about the people and don't get me started on how stockroom and the "employees" damage every item put up to display. Serving your customers damaged goods and irregular clothing wont increase sales always, theres always room for improvement and with that will come higher earnings.

515 Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls (View Most Recent)

Great win started then spiral within the last two years.

Former Employee - Key Carrier/Merchandise Coordinator in East Renton Highlands, WA

I worked at Marshalls full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most management great to work with.
    Cost of full-time benefits and plans are reasonable.
    Ease for transfer to within the company.
    Fast-paced environment. You are never bored.

Cons

Culture for part-time associates. Just there for pay check only.
    No team spirit.
    Scheduling for part-time associates not very friendly.
    Management does not always follow attendance policy.

If you want higher quality associates. You need to pay a little more.

Gone and not looking back

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Marshalls part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pros of Marshalls in my personal opinion is, gaining experience. Beside meeting really friendly customers who sometimes make your day, there's not too many pros that I can list.

Cons

Unless you're built for being on your feet for long hours, the job probably isn't for you. I am in no way trying to bash them but I think they can offer a little bit more than a 10% employee discount. I was only getting paid $8 an hour, which isn't "bad" for just starting out and being a teenager at the time. The managerial skills at the store was horrible and it was like a breath of fresh air when I resigned; I simply could not take it anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls