Marshalls

www.marshallsonline.com

Weird people but fun customers

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe customers were amazing people most of the time, some rude ones here and there but overall it was great having customers to talk to while ringing them on items. You don't really have to contribute much skill to the job, the younger co-workers are nice people and things move smoothly.

ConsThe bosses are dumb (highly uneducated), TJX Cards are promoted rather than speed and a high level customer experience (lets make profit people...speed and quality). older co-workers are nasty usually with an exception of a few, you wont get paid much either. Very organized structure with scheduling and a lot of breakroom politics in the back which shouldn't exist (YOU WORK AT MARSHALLS NOT A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY).

Advice to Senior ManagementPut better leaders and you will receive better results, I've seen harassment among the employees (hitting, bullying, etc). Make the store inviting to people, it seems as if Marshall's stores dont care about the people and don't get me started on how stockroom and the "employees" damage every item put up to display. Serving your customers damaged goods and irregular clothing wont increase sales always, theres always room for improvement and with that will come higher earnings.

Sales associate at Marshalls

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Marshalls part-time for more than a year

Pros: Get awarded for good performance. Get paid without going to work… Cons: Compensation is not good enough. Get out of work very late if you have… More

Interesting

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for more than a year

Pros: Team player attitude, frienly co-workers. Decent pay. Room for advancement. Cons: Lack of hours, no benefits. Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Marshalls.

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!