There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Sales associate

Former Employee - Shoes in Delafield, WI
Former Employee - Shoes in Delafield, WI

I worked at Marshalls full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I spent a year and a half here and met some great friends. It was a great way to get started in retail. You get two 15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch break if you work a full 8 hour shift. You can't get fired if you tried, the only way they'll fire you is if you steal pretty much. It's easy to get away with taking longer breaks.

Cons

They will only schedule one person in a department at a time and expect them to do the work of three people. The discount is only 10%, Marshalls is so cheap. They will push you SO HARD to get customers to sign up for the TJX store credit card and set up stupid competitions every month with childish prizes. Customers were rude, felt entitled and MESSY. They do not pay enough and expect way too much.

Stop smoking so much and eating so much, and stop pushing your employees so hard. We work hard enough and you sit on your fat butts and go outside for smoke breaks and collect salary. Remember, ANYONE could do your job.

436 Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls (View Most Recent)

It's an OK job for a temporary job, NOT a career.

I have been working at Marshalls

Pros

Well at the store I work in:
    -Jean Days (company has a fair uniform but not strict)
    -Managers bring in food for associates
    -Reward opportunities
    -Mangers are friendly and easy to work with Most of the time

Cons

As a Coordinator/Supervisor
    -You work too much for the wage they pay you
    -Often get rude customers
    -Sometimes you must work certain times that are inconvenient like 12 a.m. at midnight or 4 a.m. in the morning
    -Managers expect too much from their associates

Well this is more towards the corporate.. Give higher raises/pay

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Retail Associate in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Retail Associate in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Marshalls part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with some of the best associates and managers an employee could ever ask for. Flexible scheduling. And you get paid every week.

Cons

Upper management (District, Regional) are very strict and don't ever listen to suggestions made by employees and management to improve the store.

District and regional management should take suggestions and comments into considerations before making ridiculous rules and goals that are sometimes impossible to fulfill.

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls