Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at Marshalls full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great managers and a fantastic DM, hard work equals advancement, good benefits for full timers, I have been with the company for 4 years and started out as a temp and am now headed for management. The people I work with are great and give their all, they are like family. I have had a great balance of family vs work.

Cons

Typical retail salaries and a lot is expected of you but retail is definitely hard work. Customers can be rude and messy but again it is retail and you deal with all sorts of people.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they worth. If someone is not doing their job they should be let go.

Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls

1. Great opportunities if you get in with the right crowd

Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Marshalls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities available, growth opportunities, competitive pay, great potential

Cons

Not every store is the same so if you don't get the right team that can help you excel then you're stuck.

2. Sales associate

Former Employee - Shoes in Delafield, WI
    Former Employee - Shoes in Delafield, WI

I worked at Marshalls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I spent a year and a half here and met some great friends. It was a great way to get started in retail. You get two 15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch break if you work a full 8 hour shift. You can't get fired if you tried, the only way they'll fire you is if you steal pretty much. It's easy to get away with taking longer breaks.

Cons

They will only schedule one person in a department at a time and expect them to do the work of three people. The discount is only 10%, Marshalls is so cheap. They will push you SO HARD to get customers to sign up for the TJX store credit card and set up stupid competitions every month with childish prizes. Customers were rude, felt entitled and MESSY. They do not pay enough and expect way too much.

Advice to Management

Stop smoking so much and eating so much, and stop pushing your employees so hard. We work hard enough and you sit on your fat butts and go outside for smoke breaks and collect salary. Remember, ANYONE could do your job.