Loved the hours, hated the pay and being over-worked.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Marshalls part-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers
Easy to get extra hours
Overall I liked being able to work with many of my coworkers and managers. The hours were always great and they always asked me to work more. I also loved those customers that come back and are really happy to see you and remember you and give you positive feedback.

Cons

Always pushing for TJX Rewards
The insane customers who constantly think you're stupid enough to take used merchandise
Scammers trying to make difficult returns
Raises are only cents more than you used to make
I hated having to ask all customers for a TJX Reward card and having scammers make returns.

Give us some slack when we can't get TJX rewards, not everyone wants a credit card... otherwise keep up the good work. Let us know when there's those recurring scammers when we start so we know what to look for when they come around.

Other Reviews for Marshalls

admin coorditinator

Current Employee - Administrative Coorniator  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Coorniator in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Marshalls full-time for more than a year

Pros

great place to work love people

Cons

there are no cons great place

be careful what you say

Disappointing

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate
    Current Employee - Merchandise Associate

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers are cool, my new Marshalls is better than the old one

Cons

The pay and the lack of hours drives me crazy. Sometimes you will come in and the line is full, yet there are only two registers running. It is a company that makes quite a bit, yet it is difficult to get extra hours unless you are a really hard worker. Even that can only get you so far.
    I have worked for the company for so long, looking for a way to advance. The second I left my old position, four positions opened up. When I was still there, I tried to go for a higher position. Out of all of the current employees who had more experience, they chose someone who had none.

I really wish you would give more of a payroll allowance and are more strict with return policies. It is frustrating when you give "exceptions" to every customer, when you know the same customer will come back and ask for the same exception again. Also, you should allow employees to submit reviews regarding management. Sometimes, I believe they should get recognized, just like we do.

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls.

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!