Great company to learn fast retail trade.

Current Employee - Back Room Coordinator  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Back Room Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with some gifted people, great deals on products.

Cons

Pay is low and management is not consistent from store to store.

We loose a tremendous customer base due to lack of store and district manager knowing the market. Metropolitan store 1079 has tremendous wealth living in complex and 6 blocks away the premium neighborhoods of the city. Merchandise does not reflect this and not only does this reflect is less sales, but keeps many people from ever coming to the store. Black label items should be higher priority at this store.

Other Reviews for Marshalls

Not a great company

I worked at Marshalls

Pros

I loved my coworkers and some of the managers there.

Cons

Depending on who you get, some of the Store Managers are negative. Mine always asked us to change something to a certain way, then would turn around and yell at us, asking who arranged it that way (when we would do it the way they wanted.) Not much room to grow.

Please be more open to suggestions from Team Members. Follow your policy when handling returns. If you want the customer to have 100% satisfaction, just change the policy to "Can return anything." It really is frustrating when you try to explain to a customer they cannot return for certain reasons, then have a manager turn around and undermine the policy you're trying to abide by. People take advantage of it,

Less than stellar.

I have been working at Marshalls part-time

Pros

You get a weekly paycheck and a small discount on purchases.
    The illusion of a company that cares.
    You can cash your check there for free if necessary.

Cons

1) Understaffed (One person is expected to perform alot of different jobs, making their actual job impossible to complete well)

3) Raises ( Non- Existent you only get like 10 cent a year)

5) Scheduling ( Only 20% of people work full-time which is the managers, other than that you're lucky to get 25 hours.)

Hire more people or schedule associates (OTHER THAN A COORDINATOR) for full days. The stores will always look messy if you expect one person to work on the floor, registers, fitting room, and process in a single shift. Moreover, your OSAT's will clearly go up if the employees aren't being rundown , but allowed to do the job they were scheduled for and only help out occasionally in other areas.

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls.

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!