There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Great for the permanent student

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible with hours, once you work for the company for at least 5 years you incur better part time benefits, many incentives to reach goals.

Cons

Like most companies post 2008, Marshalls ended up cutting many great benefits to its workforce, forced many employees to go part time, decreased amount of employees able to share in health benefits. Marshalls also shifted its model to get more work out of its short term employees.

I liked working for this company pre-2008 because there was a more inclusive sense of family. If you take good care of your employees, they will take care of you. So, I understand the bottom line keeps companies alive, I hope the cutbacks don't become a calculated portion of profit.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls (View Most Recent)

Great company to learn fast retail trade.

Current Employee - Back Room Coordinator  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Back Room Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Marshalls part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with some gifted people, great deals on products.

Cons

Pay is low and management is not consistent from store to store.

We loose a tremendous customer base due to lack of store and district manager knowing the market. Metropolitan store 1079 has tremendous wealth living in complex and 6 blocks away the premium neighborhoods of the city. Merchandise does not reflect this and not only does this reflect is less sales, but keeps many people from ever coming to the store. Black label items should be higher priority at this store.

Not a great company

I worked at Marshalls

Pros

I loved my coworkers and some of the managers there.

Cons

Depending on who you get, some of the Store Managers are negative. Mine always asked us to change something to a certain way, then would turn around and yell at us, asking who arranged it that way (when we would do it the way they wanted.) Not much room to grow.

Please be more open to suggestions from Team Members. Follow your policy when handling returns. If you want the customer to have 100% satisfaction, just change the policy to "Can return anything." It really is frustrating when you try to explain to a customer they cannot return for certain reasons, then have a manager turn around and undermine the policy you're trying to abide by. People take advantage of it,

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!