There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Working at AJ Wright/Marshalls

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator  in  Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Marshalls full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule flexibility and dealing with slacker employees

Cons

No full time hours.Very Anti union

414 Other Employee Reviews for Marshalls (View Most Recent)

Working at Marshalls overall was cool. The bad outweighed the good most of the time.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Marshalls part-time for more than a year

Pros

Kept the store clean most of the time. Team employees worked together to get the job done. Trustworthy team too. Customers we friendly , it made it worth coming to work.

Cons

Biggest con is management. They never knew what they were doing, you got 5 different mangers giving different orders to one person about how they want something, then when u do it wrong somebody getting mad at u cause everybody telling u other ways.
    Not to mention mangers very disrespectful to employees and also they have you working like a slave for not enough pay. I was part-time doing full time hours while they telling me to do COORDINATORS JOB WHEN THEY ARE GONE!
    Lastly the breaks are absolutely terrible. For the amount of duties they had us doing through out the day 15mins was not enough!
    OH and they need to have a chair in the fitting room for the attendant!

Treat your employees like human beings and not super machines! Treat every employees the same . Have store meetings about how your employees are feeling about Marshalls and what's going on during their work day , hear them out. Also managing the store better, y'all team leaders need to be on the same page with EVERYTHING y'all telling the employees to do. AND TRAIN THE NEW PEOPLE! Y'all get mad when something on there floor don't right but youse don't train them to know!

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Marshalls full-time for more than a year

Pros

The associates are top notch. They go over and above to get things done in a very stressful situation.

Cons

The management is not respected and therefore it trickles down throughout the building. Trying to keep a positive attitude is difficult. Having the time to develop the associates properly when your pulled in all directions proves to be a lost cause and they have a tendency to go else where.

Take the time to train the building properly including management. By giving the knowledge and not expecting it to just be there is a plus, It would be great if the Store Manager took accountability and wasn't so quick to place blame on actions they have made. Don't tell us we are doing a great job and in turn bad mouth us behind our backs to associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Marshalls

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!