Marshfield Clinic

www.marshfieldclinic.org

A small town with small town politics in the workplace aspiring to be a world class I.S. organization

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Marshfield, WI

ProsExcellent selection of technologies in the infrastructure space. A willingness now to look at accountability when it come to chargeback, budgeting and the cost of I.T. investments and how it may affect the bottom line.

ConsUnable to commit to complete essentials required to support and operationalize the technologies that are in use. Exceedingly "mom and pop" arrangement with respect to capital budgeting and chargeback. Very little communication on architectural direction and the desired implementation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommit your resources so you can complete your priorities before moving on to a new project ( finish what you start ). Embrace your pro's, hire college graduates to run your intel infrastructure with the knowledge they will most likely leave within 18 months due to lack of accountability in promoting based on success.

Extremely frustrating place to contribute.

Health Data Analyst (Former Employee) Marshfield, WI

I worked at Marshfield Clinic full-time for less than a year

Pros: None to really report here. Cons: Isolated location that was not very friendly Advice to Senior Management: Ideas from lower management staff could add value to the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Easy pace of work, risk-averse management, and small-town mentality.

Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) Marshfield, WI

I worked at Marshfield Clinic

Pros: Good work-life balance. The work atmosphere is very relaxed with hardly any strict deadlines. You work at your own pace. Most people are from small… Cons: Senior management is very respectful and treat the employees as humans, but will not let you grow as a professional (probably because they feel threatened).… Advice to Senior Management: Don't curb personal/professional development. Give employees more opportunities to grow… More

There are newer reviews on Marshfield Clinic.

Worked for Marshfield Clinic? Contribute to the Community!