Marten Transport
www.marten.com Mondovi, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company, but there is a disconnect between managment and training on there floor.

Fleet Manager (Former Employee)
Mondovi, WI

ProsVery intimate work environment for a large company. Impressed with the management team.

ConsLike everywhere else, there is less and less concern for employees and more concern for the bottom line. Great management team with good ideas, but team leaders and "mentors" responsible for training really have little experience with training. In their defense, they are expected to carry out their own normal responsibilities AND train new employees. They are spread very thin. It is a high pressure job which involves managing what are often times less than desirable employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a "real" training program for new operations employees. Mentors and team leaders need "training" on training! Just because and employee is good at their job doesn't mean they have the skill set to train others.

I'm a Happy" Blue bird"

Regional Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros: New Equipment, Good Benefit's, Great Road support. Cons: Mandatory Perd pay. More infor from Rumor then Management. Advice to Senior Management: Enhance driver interaction through web site, Safety tests, Complaint dept,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

very comfortable and fair place to work

Otr Reefer Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at Marten Transport

Pros: health benefits were great compared to other employers.I was treated very fairly… Cons: Too much time in New Jersey and one trip to… Advice to Senior Management: Stop messing with the drivers pay. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Marten Transport.

Worked for Marten Transport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marten Transport reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marten Transport CEO Randy Marten. All reviews posted anonymously by Marten Transport employees.