Marten Transport
www.marten.com Mondovi, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

NOT SO GOOD TO WORK HERE

OTR Regional Driver (Former Employee)
Lakeland, FL

I worked at Marten Transport full-time for more than a year

ProsThe upscale of this Company is they did have an orientation.

ConsThey do not pay you for your miles you drive. Operation in one of their slow trucks is worst than Swift and you really need to look at the abilities to get from pick up to delivery with this slow moving truck.
They will stab you in your back when you do a great job after you terminate.
You have to spend a lot of time sitting waiting to load and deliver another drivers freight due to the driver running out of hours trying to get a load that he sat all day on waiting.
Lies by dispatchers, and treated like you are in a human trafficking event and you are that person.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire most of your management and dispatchers, start over again or just shut down as you are better off not messing with other peoples lives then making bad DAC reports so they have problems being hired by another human trafficking company. Shame on you! Bad Company!

Good company, but there is a disconnect between managment and training on there floor.

Fleet Manager (Former Employee)
Mondovi, WI

I worked at Marten Transport

Pros: Very intimate work environment for a large company. Impressed… Cons: Like everywhere else, there is less and less concern for employees and more concern for the bottom line. Great management team with good ideas,… Advice to Senior Management: Implement a "real" training program for new operations employees. Mentors and team leaders need "training" on training! … More

I'm a Happy" Blue bird"

Regional Driver (Current Employee)
Mondovi, WI

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros: New Equipment, Good Benefit's, Great Road support. Cons: Mandatory Perd pay. More infor from Rumor then Management. Advice to Senior Management: Enhance driver interaction through web site, Safety tests, Complaint dept,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Marten Transport.

Worked for Marten Transport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marten Transport reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marten Transport CEO Randy Marten. All reviews posted anonymously by Marten Transport employees.