There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport

Very caring company

Current Employee - Flex Fleet Driver  in  Orient, OH
Current Employee - Flex Fleet Driver in Orient, OH

I have been working at Marten Transport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flex Fleet Division
More frequent Home time
New Equipment

Cons

Still Over the Road driving

More Day Cab operations in major cities

41 Other Employee Reviews for Marten Transport (View Most Recent)

How do they get away with it ?

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Mondovi, WI
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Mondovi, WI

I worked at Marten Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Marten 1 1/2 year. Marten is a very safe company when it comes to equipment, not when it comes to driver safety. Marten drivers are public safety nightmare waiting to happen,

Cons

My problems with marten was breaking the law.They ask you to log off duty when loading and unloading and the law says all loading and unloading are to be on duty not driving. They want every minute of your time. they want you to sleep on demand so you are driving when you are sleepy and awake when you supposed to be asleep, and you wander why so many drivers have sleep apnea. They want you to sleep at there customer some who don't even have bathrooms for the driver to used because they are closed. Every driver has a system to get the sleep he or she need for operating safety. You can't do this at marten because the drivers managers own you. I think marten operation is a imminent hazard to public safety and the Wisconsin D.O.T and F.M.C.S.A need to take a closer look at this company electronic logs.

Take another look at the law and stop pushing drivers to the limit. May I suggest an electronic survey of all drivers over the Qualcomm. Ask them do they think the company push them to the limit of unsafely operating there equipment when it comes to sleep, showers, eating, and movement. YES or NO. You'll be surprised of the answers, I was!

former 4 year driver out of ontario,ca.

Former Employee - Western Fleet Driver  in  Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Western Fleet Driver in Ontario, CA

I worked at Marten Transport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Truck and trailers are in decent shape.

Cons

Hometime could be better. Western regional is two weeks on and 2days off. Alot of overnite driving and middle of the night deliveries. The terminal in Ontario,ca. is a real cluster, makeing it hard to find a place to park your truck or your car. A real pain to get in and out of because it's so small.

Get a decent terminal in Ontario.

There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport

Worked for Marten Transport? Contribute to the Community!