Marten Transport

www.marten.com
  www.marten.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport

How do they get away with it ?

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Mondovi, WI
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Mondovi, WI

I worked at Marten Transport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for Marten 1 1/2 year. Marten is a very safe company when it comes to equipment, not when it comes to driver safety. Marten drivers are public safety nightmare waiting to happen,

Cons

My problems with marten was breaking the law.They ask you to log off duty when loading and unloading and the law says all loading and unloading are to be on duty not driving. They want every minute of your time. they want you to sleep on demand so you are driving when you are sleepy and awake when you supposed to be asleep, and you wander why so many drivers have sleep apnea. They want you to sleep at there customer some who don't even have bathrooms for the driver to used because they are closed. Every driver has a system to get the sleep he or she need for operating safety. You can't do this at marten because the drivers managers own you. I think marten operation is a imminent hazard to public safety and the Wisconsin D.O.T and F.M.C.S.A need to take a closer look at this company electronic logs.

Take another look at the law and stop pushing drivers to the limit. May I suggest an electronic survey of all drivers over the Qualcomm. Ask them do they think the company push them to the limit of unsafely operating there equipment when it comes to sleep, showers, eating, and movement. YES or NO. You'll be surprised of the answers, I was!

44 Other Employee Reviews for Marten Transport (View Most Recent)

former 4 year driver out of ontario,ca.

Former Employee - Western Fleet Driver in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Western Fleet Driver in Ontario, CA

I worked at Marten Transport full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Truck and trailers are in decent shape.

Cons

Hometime could be better. Western regional is two weeks on and 2days off. Alot of overnite driving and middle of the night deliveries. The terminal in Ontario,ca. is a real cluster, makeing it hard to find a place to park your truck or your car. A real pain to get in and out of because it's so small.

Get a decent terminal in Ontario.

lots of miles

Current Employee - OTR Regional Driver
    Current Employee - OTR Regional Driver

I have been working at Marten Transport full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they have decent equipment with all the bells and whistles, laid back attitude, very little lay over time and decent bonuses

Cons

they have lousy planners, constantly late loading then you have to run like an idiot. lousy support--good luck trying to contact road service--forced per diem--saving them about $.03 a mile

fire all your planners