Used to be better

Current Employee - Truck Driver
Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Marten Transport

Pros

Been in business a long time
I am on a dedicated route and almost always make it home for my 2 days off

Cons

Per Diem Pay is a pain
Night time dispatch are barely competant
New qualcomms stink
Shop guys at some terminals are not the greatest to deal with and dont always believe what you say is wrong with the truck

Make your shop guys a little more helpful, and make sure that dispatchers arent pushing the drivers beyond hours. Try to make sure that your drivers are getting paid closer to actual miles on a run.

Other Reviews for Marten Transport

Wilsonville dispatchers???

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Marten Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like being able to take time off to help my folks out. (they are in the 70's & 80's) I appreciate their equipment, it is top notch. And most of the other drivers are friendly enough.

Cons

I drive western regional. I am dispatched out of the Wilsonville terminal. I have found most of the dispatchers there arrogant and belittling towards me and other drivers. They talk negatively about the drivers and treat you as if they are better than your are. When they do, do their job they act as if you owe them for doing you a favor. When you need to get hold of someone in Wilsonville no one answers the phone. Ask them to call you in a message over the QUALCOMM and they never do. Not one time have anyone of them called me even when I was broke down and trying to find out what to do after calling road service. (who are great) When they ask for a favor they rarely compensate all they promise. The arrogant better than anyone attitude is a real turn off. I am considering a change.

Drug test all Wilsonville dispatchers. You might be surprised.

PHX-AZ

I worked at Marten Transport

Pros

Company is growing. Fast paced environment. The opportunities for growth in the company are endless for those in the "in crowed"

Cons

Zero company culture, unless you consider micromanagement, rampant politics and nepotism culture.

Learn how to manage from a place of support. Treat everyone equally.

There are newer employer reviews for Marten Transport.

Worked for Marten Transport? Contribute to the Community!